The DMC world DJ competition is the longest standing DJ battle amongst the best turntablists in the world. Last years competition saw DJ Skillz from France win the DMC World and DMC Online Championships with 15 year old DJ K-Swizz bringing in the the DMC Battle for World Supremacy Championship. If you haven’t already, it is time to warm up those turntables and start building your battle routines. The DMC regional battles have been announced for the United States and below you will find all the info you need if you are planning on competing or supporting the culture.
- Thur. March 14th, 2019 DMC Las Vegas Regional DJ Battle presented by Rane at the Hyde Bellagio (3600 S Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas NV 89109) from 6pm-midnight 21+
- Sat. April 6, 2019 DMC Washington DC DJ Battle presented by Rane at Flash (645 Florida Ave NW Washington, DC 20001) from 4pm-9pm. $10 advance tickets, $15 at the door. All ages
- Sun. April 14: 2019 DMC Tampa DJ Battle feat. DMC World Champ Chris Karns at Crowbar (1812 N 17th St, Ybor City, FL 33605) from 6pm-10pm + afterparty with the Old Dirty Sundays crew! $10 advance tickets, $15 at the door. All Ages, 21+ to drink
- Thur. May 2, 2019 DMC San Antonio TX Regional DJ Battle presented by Rane in association with The AM Project at Paper Tigers (2410 N St Mary’s St San Antonio TX 78212) from 6pm-12am hosted by DJ Donnie Dee. $10 advance & $15 at the door for 17 and under, $15 advance & $20 at the door for 18+. All Ages.
- Sun. May 12th: 2019 DMC Denver CO DJ Battle presented by Rane in association with Mile High DJ Supply at Mile High Spirits (2201 Lawrence St Denver CO 80205 ) from 4pm-10pm. $15 advance tickets, $20 at the door.
If you are planning on competing you must register in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as no walk ups will be allowed to compete. DJs can enter in as many battles as they like and this competition is open to all ages. DJs will each perform a 2 minute routine for the elimination round and judges will select the top 6 to advance to the final round. The final round will consist of DJs showcasing a 6 minute routine and the winner will advance to the 2019 DMC U.S. finals. Best wishes to all of the DJs competing this year!